“How can I increase the revenue of my medical practice, and make it stand out?” This question keeps running through every healthcare provider’s mind on a constant loop.
Whether your medical practice is new or you are trying to expand, marketing activities can help you carve out a niche for you and help you stand out from the crowd, if used correctly. There are a number of marketing tools available to medical professionals, but it is important to understand how to implement these strategies for the promotion and growth of your medical practice. Almost every healthcare provider is looking to find creative ways to maintain and or increase profit margins without compromising on patient care. You just pay attention to the following key areas in you are looking to promote your practice:
- Keep your website updated: Having a modern and updated website is critical for the growth of your practice. This is because potential patients are going to search for you online. So, if you want to get your practice noticed and attract new patients, you will have to make yourself available online. Though there are a number of ways to increase your online presence, you can start with a professional website that is responsive and easy to navigate. The objective of your website is to inform and educate your patients and help them make an informed decision.
- Online reviews: It is no secret that online reviews and patient testimonials are vital to the success of any medical practice. In some cases, patient referrals and online reviews are the leading sources of new appointments. This means potential patients are paying greater attention to the words and experiences of your existing patients before scheduling an appointment at your medical practice. Taking into account the importance of online reviews, it is critical to identify, monitor and manage your online reputation. However, if your medical practice is lacking online reviews, or if they are outdated, you need to start asking your loyal patients to post genuine reviews. When patients post positive and encouraging reviews of your practice, do not let them go unnoticed. Make sure you display the online reviews at a prominent place on your website.
- Create a brand image: Your brand image is a direct reflection of your skills and specialty and helps your practice stand out from the crowd. Creating a brand name and tagline is the first step towards developing your brand image. You must give thoughts to what best captures the essence of the practice, and what will help you get noticed in search engine optimization. The next step is to create a unique and elegant logo, which represents your skills and specialty. If done correctly and professionally, your brand image will communicate the personality and values of your medical practice and will help establish your online reputation.
- Deliver excellent customer service: Your existing patients will not refer your practice to their family and friends if they are not satisfied with your quality of service. Happy customers can be your best advocates and will most likely spread the good word about your practice. Most people choose their healthcare provider because a friend or family member referred them.
- Adequate staffing and training: Your employees are the people your patients interact with before they even get to see you. So, it is important to prepare your staff to present a great first impression of your practice and address every question regarding your practice. Your staff should not only know about the services you provide but also be able to explain specific details of critical procedures.
Effectively marketing your healthcare practice is anything but simple. It requires a significant amount of time, effort, and dedication to achieve the desired result.
Take the first step to protect your online reputation and request your Online Reputation Assessment.
While there can be many tools in your marketing toolbox, two are particularly important – an online marketing strategy and traditional public relations. An online strategy allows you to push messages to your patients through various channels, such as a website, social media networks, etc. Traditional public relations combines efficient patient care with high-quality service, which can help you create a brand image, increase visibility, and make your practice stand out.