In today’s healthcare market, dermatology is a very competitive business, and it has become challenging to grab consumers’ attention. Thus, it’s imperative to have a digital marketing strategy for your practice. It will increase your visibility on the Internet and build a good online reputation for you. Here are some quick and easy result-oriented digital marketing tips for your dermatology practice’s rapid growth.
Most people prefer to search a practitioner online before paying a visit in person. To be visible online, you need to have a quality website with:
- User-friendly navigation and intuitive design
- Informative content that communicates your services
- Videos and photos of your practice
- Highlighted contact details or ‘Contact Us” tab on each page
- Accessibility on different devices, such as laptops, mobile phones and tablets
For your site to appear on Google’s first page, you need to have a reliable search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Selection of the right keywords and website optimization can shoot up your Google ranking. Above all, genuine content is what keeps your site safe from getting dumped into a penalty box by Google. Here are some tips and tricks to follow for keyword selection:
- Bid on keywords related to your services
- Make use of Google’s Keyword Tool for rate and keyword popularity
- Avoid ‘broad match’ keyword type
- Get rid of bad traffic by adding an unwanted keyword negative keyword list
Note: Don’t forget to optimize your website page headings and titles.
Active Social Media Accounts
Social media is like a virtual loudspeaker to brand your service. Some of the popular social media sites include Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Such platforms are like magnets that provide you the opportunity to acquire potential patients. Being a free digital marketing tool, social media just requires investment of time, not money. And you can be easily found on different search engines. This is all you have to do for an active social media presence:
- Create an account on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Do regular posting but not too frequently
- Reply to comments and messages, if any
Personalized Email Campaign
One of the oldest and most widely used modes of communication and marketing is email campaigning. Just doing bulk emailing will never profit your business. Remember to meet the following criteria before launching your next email campaign for more conversions.
- Create responsive email design:
- Readable and accessible on any device, such as laptops, mobile phones, tablets, etc.
- Launch a personalized email campaign:
- Catchy subject line that highlights the target audience
- Segmented emails according to gender or age depending on the type of campaign
After implementing the above pointers, you are sure to have more patients and fewer unsubscribes.
Take the first step to protect your online reputation and request your Online Reputation Assessment.
Good Reviews From Patients
A good service that satisfies your patients is all you need for good reviews. In addition to word-of-mouth marketing, you need to have good online reviews on sites such as Yelp, social media platforms, blog sites, etc. So, next time you feel you have made a patient happy with your service, ask the patient to:
- Subscribe to your YouTube page / Follow your Facebook account at social media platform
- Write good reviews for you at social media and review sites such as Yelp, Yellow Pages etc.
- Write a testimonial for your service
And take out some time to acknowledge the patient’s actions by commenting back.
Product Selling On Online Store
If along with your practice you also sell skin products, try getting your products up for sale on various e-commerce sites or online stores. This will increase your profit and patient base exponentially. For selling your products online, you need to keep in mind the following
- Be sure the product pricing is in accordance with the target segment
- Upload the products on well-known sites with high traffic
- Encourage your patients to visit online sites as well for your products
- If you have many products, showcase all of them online
Join various online health forums to engage with your consumers, such as DoctorsLouge.com, healthboards.com, etc. Here, people post their questions and concerns related to their health. Being an expert, you can help them by responding. Doing so will help you win the trust of your online patients and gain credibility.
Deals And Offers
‘Save Up to,’ ‘Get Free,’ and ‘20% Discount’ are some of the key phrases that catch people’s eyes and minds. To stay ahead in this competitive world, offering deals and discounts on your services is a great way to boost your patient base. Here is how you can communicate any deal and offer it to your customers.
- Email: Launch email campaigns with such offers to your customer base
- PPC: Launch ad campaigns highlighting deals and offers
- Social media platforms: Post offers on your social media page with creative infographics or banners
- E-commerce sites: Ask the site owner to run banners of discount on your products
The Internet is the best way to increase your patient base and now that you know these results-oriented digital marketing tips, your dermatology business is all set for growth. Undoubtedly, when you are doing well, there isn’t any problem in asking for referrals. So, ask your existing customers to refer your services to their friends and family. Also, request your readers to share your content, which is no less than virtual word-of-mouth marketing.