Today, most people go to Google in search of information about a product or service they are planning to buy/use. This has made search engine optimization necessary to attract more patients. You need to invest more in your SEO strategies and avoid the following mistakes to make your SEO campaign a success.
- Avoid impractical dreams
We are instructed to aim high, but an unrealistic goal will not land your practice anywhere. Expecting hundreds of visitors at the beginning makes no sense. An SEO campaign is a slow process that cannot yield surprising results in a day. You need to have patience. Also, you need to target the right audience.
- Understand budget and timeframe issues
Remember, SEO needs a significant investment of time and some money. So, never be misguided by fake marketing agencies. An experienced SEO expert will help you understand the process, tricks and time period required to get thousands of hits through your campaign. Generally, an SEO campaign takes nearly four to eight months to be successful. An SEO expert can guide you on different variables that will increase traffic and conversion.
- Work on your website
For a new website, first you need to create good content with SEO keywords that push your website up in the search engine. This will take around six months.
But an outdated website can also harm your practice badly. For an existing website, there are some points to check for SEO success:
Take the first step to protect your online reputation and request your Online Reputation Assessment.
- Simple website: Your website should be simple and engaging. A complex one can confuse the visitor. Not finding the required information and taking too long to land on the website page can disinterest the visitor, thereby increasing the bounce rate.
- Slow website: The site should not have too many animations as this will make it heavy, thus taking too long for it to upload. Faster uploading time will definitely help with your ranking.
- Mobile website: Since most people prefer browsing the Internet on their mobile phones, it is mandatory for you to have a mobile version on your website to acquire more patients. A responsive mobile website will keep you from losing valuable search traffic.
- Learn more about SEO
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So you need to know more about search engine optimization that can help you work on strong marketing strategies.
- URL structure: You need to have a strong URL structure infused with the right keyword. A weak URL might sound confusing to a searcher and search engine. A short URL, that is simple and logical, can be guessed easily and get you more visitors.
- Meta tags: For optimization, you need to have tags, but for the growth of business it is a must to have relevant meta tags. The wrong tags won’t let your target audience reach you; rather, you will attract consumers who have nothing to do with your practice.
- Broken links: Irrelevant and broken links are of no use when it comes to SEO. For optimization, you need to have clear and straightforward linking.
- Select the right keywords
For optimization, you need to select the right keywords. Wrong keyword selection is the biggest pitfall in an SEO campaign’s failure. For the right keyword selection, check the bounce rate for organic traffic. Create a list of potential keywords and check with Google Keyword Planner to know the best keywords for your practice and region. Select long-tail keywords instead of generic terms.
- Track your strategy
The main purpose of SEO is to drive more traffic to your website. And traffic is important, but what matters more is the number of conversions. Track the effectiveness of your SEO strategy. Getting thousands of hits and not even 100 patients to your practice is a thing to be concerned about. Tracking will help you check if you are pitching the right target audience, the bounce rate and overall ranking. You can rework your strategies and tweak the ones required.
- Work on your web content
Last but not the least is your website content. Your website content should be of good quality and infused with highly searched keywords but not too many. Duplicate and irrelevant content used for increasing word count isn’t helpful. Create original content that helps you attract more patients your website as well as your practice.