Every day, you have to deal with growing competition in the healthcare market. To increase your patient base, you need to retain existing patients and focus on acquiring new ones with your online marketing strategies. One of the best ways is to run paid campaigns for your physical therapy services. It’ll get the audience to click on your web ads and convert prospects into clients.
How to go about it? Let’s discuss it here:
Google AdWords Account
Get a Google AdWords account for yourself. Although there are other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo, Google still holds the highest share and Google AdWords is the best way to approach people searching for specific products and services. But while getting an AdWords account, build a strategy on the basis of which you will have to set up your account for the campaign. The structure of the account can be modified according to your preferences.
Ad group selection
Ad group selection entirely depends on the campaign you are planning to initiate. When launching an ad campaign, segment it according to the services you offer. And the ad groups and keywords should be consistent with the campaign selected. For instance, if you have a campaign about “Physical Therapy Services,” then the associated ad group should mention the sub-services you offer, such as “arm physical therapy,” “back physical therapy” and so forth.
As the word suggests, ‘keywords’ are the essential words. You need to bid on keywords related to your services. When an individual searches with the keyword you have bid for, your ad will be displayed. The more services you offer, the more keywords you will have. So make a judicious decision when selecting the keywords to bid on.
- Prefer term-specific keywords instead of generic keywords. For example, if you want to acquire consumers in your locality, select location-based keywords. You will beat competition and anyone in your locality searching for a service offered by you will see your ad instantly. For this you can use geo-targeting that makes your ad appear only to searchers in that geographic area. The radius can be set in the campaign’s setting tab.
- Make use of Google’s Keyword Tool for finalizing your keyword list. It provides information related to competition, global and local monthly searchers and bidding rates.
The search depends on these four keyword types, known as broad match, phrase match, exact match and broad match modifier. To have minimal bad traffic, it is suggested to opt for the last three types of keywords. Broad match is likely to bring unwanted searchers. Let’s see what these four keywords type look like:
- Broad Match: back painThis default match type reaches a large number of audience. Here your ad appears whenever the searcher types in any word or phrase in your ad.
- Broad Match Modifier: +back +painThis allows your ad to appear for searcher only if they add a “+” sign (plus sign) in front of your keyword.
- Phrase Match: “back pain”This offers a control on the viewing of your ad. Thus, a searcher is required to type keywords in exactly the same order you have entered them.
- Exact Match: [back pain]This most restrictive match makes your ad appear only if the searcher has entered the exact keyword phrase and not if a single keyword matches.
In case you get unwanted traffic, i.e. people who aren’t interested in your service but have clicked on your ad, you can simply add such keywords as negative words to your campaign and get rid of bad traffic. The types of negative keywords are:
Take the first step to protect your online reputation and request your Online Reputation Assessment.
- Negative broad match
- Negative phrase match
- Negative exact match
In a successful campaign, ad groups and keywords play a major role – but ad copy should never be neglected. Here are some quick tips to consider when creating copy for your next campaign:
- Keep it precise: Since you have a specific limit for characters, keep it crisp and to the point.
- Highlight the USP: Mention the unique selling point. Inform the viewer how your services are better than your competition’s.
- Create multiple ad copy: Remember to use ad groups and create few variations for each ad group.
- Place a call to action link: Don’t forget to include a call to action in your ad copy to take the searcher to the desired page.
- Review formatting: Double-check the formatting and spelling of the content in your ad copy. It will be viewed by hundreds of people, so you can’t afford to have any errors, no matter how minor.
- Check for URL: Your URL is the most important part of your ad copy as it gets click-through-ratio (CTR) and determines the effectiveness of your ad. It is obligatory for the domain to match with domain of the destination URL.
Once you have created a catchy PPC campaign with suitable ad group and high-on search keywords, it’s time to work on your website, where the searcher will finally land. If you fail to have an engaging website, the searcher will not spend any time there and leave immediately.
You must have a user-friendly website with intuitive design to engage the traffic that is driven to your website from PPC ads. In addition to design, your website should:
- Have easy access
- Have required information
- Have easy-to-understand content
- Have an FAQ section for conversion
Note: The size of traffic landing on your website depends on the amount of money you invest on PPC ads.
When talking about intuitive designing of website, a mobile-friendly site is a must-have. Today, most people explore everything on the Internet on-the-go, i.e. through their mobile. You can’t afford to let your viewer leave your site instantly because of your website’s incompatibility with a mobile device. Invest money judiciously into getting a mobile-compatible website and great ad copy.
Now, to increase conversions from these ads, you need to understand that your audience is interested in something you have offered, so hold them on your website. How?
- Have multiple landing pages: Each landing page should discuss a single service linked to a particular ad. The page should have a title, content and images related to that particular service. This will help in retention of viewers and avoid any distractions. Thus, you should have a separate and relevant landing page for all the services you provide.
- Have easy access to contact: After clicking on the PPC ad posted by you, not every visitor will have time or willingness to read the content on your website. Thus, it is imperative to highlight your contact information. In addition to a “Contact Us” page, you must have a button on every page labeled as “Contact Us” that will redirect the viewer to the page with your contact details.
To wrap up, now that you have learned all about paid campaigns and how to make them work for the promotion of your services, it’s time to launch one and see your business grow. You can start with a simple text ad or a banner ad. For any assistance related to online reputation management and online marketing strategies, feel free to contact us.